Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Our Monkey

Well, it is official. Ethan is going to need a new bed. He climbed out of his crib on Christmas Eve for the first time. Adam was downstairs on the computer (I was at the store), and he said, all of the sudden Ethan was standing behind him! He climbed out of his crib and came all of the way downstairs...without making a peep, and said, "Dada, what are you doing?" Adam nearly had a heart attack. Since then, he has climbed out of it twice more. Once successfully, and another time, not so gracefully...he had the mark on his face to prove it. So now the question is...do we transition him to a toddler bed or just go straight to a big bed? I don't really look forward to him being able to come and go from his bed as he pleases, but I know it is time. My monkey is growing up!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

I don't know the rule on this or anything, but I'd say get him a twin bed, push it in a corner of his room, and put a little safety rail on the exposed side. It seems much more practical in the long run, especially since he's already 2 1/2...he wouldn't use a toddler bed very long anyways. ...plus, a twin bed will make it more comfy for you to cuddle in bed with him when reading a story or whatever ;-) Good luck!

Leia H said...

LOL at Adam's near collapse! I've never had a kid in a crib, so I just think this is too funny - sorry! You know they make those crib tents to go over top of the crib, if you are really not ready for a bed. Just a thought!