Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer Daze

Ethan is terrified of our vacuum- actually, I shouldn't say terrified anymore, it has gotten slightly better than it used to be, but still not thrilled AT ALL when we run it. But, on the other hand, he really likes to pretend that he is vacuuming- it is like he is working through his own fear. :) So, I saw this vacuum at Toys 'R Us the other day and got it for him. He has been keeping our house "spotless" ever since! Here he is helping daddy.


We are keeping busy already this summer. It has been so wonderful to be at home with the boys. We have gone on at least one walk a day, painted, played with rice, gone to the park, played outside, napped....all the great stuff of summer and there is only more to come!




Pushing Bennett in the doll stroller again. Bennett just tolerates it. :)

Laying around with our sweet puppy dog...


Playing in the rice. This has been SO MUCH FUN for Ethan. When we first did it I just got a big bowl out and he poured it into cups using my measuring spoons and cups. He played with it for almost an hour! Now, we dump it in a deeper cookie sheet that I have and he "loads" it in his dump trucks and such. So cute, sometimes a little messing, but so worth it!

2 comments:

Brian & Erin Uglum said...

Loving the rice idea...you are too brave! And I didn't realize Ethan was afraid of the vacuum, that is some good therapy to get him his own! I love donald's hat...did mommy paint that or is Ethan just a pro already? I am sure he has some of his parents' talent in him! What a cutie! I am lovin' that picture of Bennett in the stroller too. I think he just about doesn't fit anymore! That is so sweet though!

Leia H said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your summer! I'm anxious to take trips to the library and just enjoy the backyard for the first summer ever!

I love that Maia rests on the floor by your boys - makes me smile just remembering how our Meiko used to do the same thing :)

Ethan used to plug his ears when I ran the vacuum here - he never got upset by it though. That's pretty cute that he cleans along side Adam - do they mow lawn together too? :)