Sunday, November 23, 2008

Test Results

We got our test results back regarding Bennett's health on Friday. He has iron-deficiency anemia. His iron level was a 6 when it should be between a 24 and 36. Dr. Nau wants us to give him iron two times/ day with orange juice to help it absorb into his system. The poor thing already struggles sometimes to poop, I can't imagine what this will do!

We will go back to have his iron level re-tested in a month. Please continue to pray for Benne. This could be part of the reason why his growth and development has slowed down in the last few months. Hopefully we will see gradual improvement in these areas as his body starts getting the iron that it needs!

3 comments:

Chris and Emily said...

I am so sorry you are having to deal with all this but thankful that you are getting some possible answers. I hope the iron supplements settle well for him!!
ALways praying...

McMommy said...

I hope the iron supplements will do his body good. I think his new nickname should be Popeye!! :)

Well, guess what? You won the McDonalds giveaway!! Please email me with your address so we can ship your toys out to you!

Shawna said...

Poor Bennett...hopefully he handles the supplements well!

BTW, I am so excited you won McMommy's giveaway! When I was reading the giveaway entry I was thinking to myself Emily should try to win that!!! :-)