Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Piece of Heaven

I am pretty sure Ethan felt like he was in heaven when we went up to the river at the beginning of September. He got to "fish" with his Uncle Keith, throw rocks into the river, take a long walk, eat a cookie bar before lunch, look at some fish bones that grandma found, go to the top of a "mountain" (Pikes Peak), and hang out with his mom ALL DAY!! What could be better than that!:)

We haven't braved an actual hook and bait yet, but I think he may be ready. He has casting down pat...loves it, talks about going fishing all of the time. I can't wait to take him up to Prairie Du Chein again soon. I have so many memories of my summers there growing up and I want to create those memories for my kids as well.




The only set back we had that day was him throwing up on the way up there...welcome car sickness. Ever since then we can't make a trip into Cedar Rapids or Waterloo without him feeling sick. I used to (still do) have a hard time with car sickness, so I guess this is pay back for what I put my mom through! I feel so bad for him though.


2 comments:

Leia H said...

Oh no! I didn't know he got sick! :( Target has children's Dramamine - and that's the only reason we can go further than Waterloo! Poor critter...

Love the fishing photos - it's fun to see him in action! What a pretty place!

Shawna said...

You could have him try wearing one of those bracelets that pushes on the pressue point to prevent motion sickness maybe?

He looked so cute in his little life jacket :-) We took Raya fishing yesterday! Haven't gotten a pole in her hands yet, but I have a feeling Lee will get her going next summer haha