Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ethan's 3rd Birthday Party

I am embarrassed that it has been almost 2 months past Ethan's birthday party and I am now just posting about it, but better late than never, I guess.

Ethan's party was a lot of fun. He is really into dump trucks, diggers, dozers, cemet mixers, etc. So we went with a construction theme. The cups for the kids were traffic cones and the cake was dirt cake in the back of the dump truck Ethan got from Grandma and Grandpa Smith for Christmas last year. It turned out great!

We had a pinata made of steele, I swear! The kids had an impossible time even making a dent, we had to have Austin, my oldest nephew lend a helping hand.

Owen giving it a try.

He means business...look at that face!:)
Kez, can you do it?
Surely Bennett will succeed...
I think one of the adults finally "accidentally" ripped a hole in the back to make some progress.

Ethan got a lot of really nice gifts at his party.

Gabbie-Girl

The cake

Make a wish!

Worm balloons are a hit!

2 comments:

Leia H said...

Love that cake! I'm laughing that it took you this long to post :) Your parties are always so much fun and we always love how you tie everything into the theme!

Shawna said...

I love that the cake looks disgusting AND delicious all at the same time! :-)