Thursday, July 1, 2010

33 Weeks and Ultrasound

Yesterday started my 33rd week of pregnancy with Alanna. We celebrated with another ultrasound. :)

Now that I have also been Rh sensitized, which means I am building antibodies against the pregnancy due to Alanna's blood being a positive type and my blood being a negative type and somehow they came in contact with each other, Dr. Hintz is examining the blood flow in Alanna's brain more closely to watch for anemia. It is extremely rare for this to happen randomly in a pregnancy without having experienced bleeding, and the majority of women with a negative blood type recieve RhoGAM around 28 weeks to prevent this from happening. I have officially decided that if there is a statistic, a percentage, a probability...Adam and I will break it!

Anyway, so far so good, the blood flow in her brain is as it should be. Her limbs are now measuring 7 weeks behind and her heart looks the same as it did the last time. Alanna had the hiccups for a good portion of the ultrasound so it was difficult for Dr. Hintz to look at her heart. He is not concerned at this time but will check again.

Alanna is breech right now, so we will have another ultrasound at the end of this month to see if she has turned head down. Dr. Hintz turned her (OUCH!) but by the time I got home she had turned back again. I have her head in my lungs! He will try and turn her again at 37 weeks if needed, otherwise I will need to have a c-section. I am praying that she does the right thing- make a good choice Alanna! ;)

Now for the important part, pictures!

Look at her big, pouty bottom lip. She is so beautiful, I'm getting so excited to meet her.


The umbilical cord is covering her lips in this picture and her hand is up by her face too:

I have gain 19 pounds so far, almost double what I did with Benne over his entire pregnancy, we are doing great! Well, everything I eat gives me heartburn, but hey, at least I'm able to eat!!


Okay, this is a first for me...I am going to show you my bare belly. CAUTION: You may want to put on some sunglasses at this point in the post as it is blindingly white:

Thank you for continuing to pray for Alanna. I can't wait to meet this precious gift that God has created.

3 comments:

Leia H said...

You know I mean this in the nicest way possible - you are HUGE! :) Happy to see it!

Alanna looks sooooo beautiful! I bet you cannot wait to meet her!

I can't believe your doc turned her already - of course she's going to turn back over! Poor thing isn't ready to hang out upside down quite yet! :( I'm sure that was painful though....hopefully she'll be a good little girl, and just turn herself when the time is right!

Shawna said...

Your cute belly is sickening...no stretch marks or anything! :-P She is totally adorable though...can't wait to meet the little pumpkin! For some reason I always had a fear of needing to turn a baby b/c it just SOUNDS painful...I'm pretty sure I'd be a big baby and just opt for the csection haha. Good luck with the rest of the wait....hopefully she turns and then decides to come just a couple days early, for good measure :-)

Shawna said...

Oh, and PS...is it just me or does she look like Benne in the second picture?!