Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ethan is Three

Ethan turned three on August 7th. My little baby is growing up. He is sweet, loving, and passionate about everything he does. He works really hard at trying new things and always gives his best. I say all of this because his passion and determination also lend themselves to having a sometimes stubborn and strong-willed little boy. Don't get in his way that is for sure! Ethan is very sensitive as well. He requires a little nudge to learn new things and sometimes gets easily overwhelmed and frustrated. Let's just say he is exactly like his mother!

At 12:37 am on 8/7/06 my life changed forever.

One amazing little blessing.

One fantastic little boy.




At the age of three Ethan is finally giving in to peeing in the potty (notice I didn't say pooping). We have had quite a time just convincing Ethan to sit on his little potty let alone put pee in it, so I'm excited about the progress we have made. We are working really hard at helping Ethan feel comfortable with going other places than home and at going on the "big" potty with the VERY LOUD flush that Ethan despises! We also are working on going poop on the potty- he just doesn't have the patience to sit that long right now.

Ethan's had his first dentist appointment too. He did wonderful!! I thought for sure that he wouldn't want to sit in the chair let alone have grandma use an instrument to clean his teeth. He sat like such a big boy and the dentist said his teeth look great! It was really cute, the night after he went to the dentist he thanked God for the doctor who cleaned his teeth. It must have been a good experience for him!

Ethan gets funnier and funnier each day. He has a really silly personality. He still LOVES music and dancing and I often find him making up songs and lyrics to songs that he already knows. So cute! He also really loves to read books, paint, draw, and play with cars. He watercolor painted through an entire ream of white cardstock this summer! If it is a quiet activity, he is there.


I am so proud of the boy that Ethan is becoming. I pray that I continue to help Ethan grow to the man that God wants him to be. I pray that God helps me in showing Ethan how to be a great big brother, how to challenge himself to do new things, and how to always be confident about who he his. I also pray for guidance in how to push Ethan further in a way that works best for Ethan's personality. I love you Ethan. You are an amazing gift!
More about Ethan's fun birthday party to come!

2 comments:

Leia H said...

Awww! I loved seeing those photos of him when he was born!! *sniff* :) I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to spend so much time with Ethan. He is such an amazing kid and we love him dearly!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to Ethan...adorable photos! We celebrated Will's 3rd also on Aug 4. It sounds like Ethan is a lot like Will with potty training...going "number 2" is not happening for us either...we are trying everything. Let me know if you find a magical solution!