Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our Not-So-Great Thursday- 7/3

On Wednesday Ethan and I came in from playing outside and, as usual, Ethan ran towards the stairs that go down to the family room. The gate appeared to be closed. Before I could realize it Ethan had leaned up against the gate that he thought was closed too and went toppling down the stairs. The step basket broke his fall to the second gate, but as he went to get up, he fell down the rest of the way. I scooped him up as fast as I could. He was crying so hard. You know, the kind of cry where they forget to breathe. He only cut his gum, thank God. Will I ever learn my lesson about these darn gates?

2 comments:

Leia H said...

Oh my goodness! It's just awful to see your child get hurt, especially when it could have been prevented. I'll never get the image of Delphina tumbling head over feet down our basement stairs, and landing smack on her face. I think I cried harder than she did.....

Just remember that Ethan WON'T remember this happened! :) And give him a big hug from me.

Shawna said...

Stairs are evil! When I was little I was in a walker and tumbled head over heels down our basement steps...according to my mom I landed upright at the bottom, still in my walker without a scratch on me...but she was bawling like crazy!

Glad Ethan's OK!!!!