Wednesday, June 2, 2010

29 Weeks and Ultrasound

I am 29 weeks pregnant today and we got to see Alanna. Yes, her name is Alanna Rae. I am SO BEHIND on posting, I feel like there are a million things I have forgotten to blog about!

We chose Alanna Rae because Alanna (A-Lon-na) is my middle name and Rae after my Grandma Whitesell's middle name. There are several meanings that I have found for the name Alanna, but my favorite one is "precious". She is a precious gift, that is for sure.

Our ultrasound went really well today! Dr. Hintz measured my amniotic fluid right away. They measure this by centimeters. There are typically 4 pockets of fluid that surround the baby. In one pocket alone today I had DOUBLE the amount that I had total at the end of my pregnancy with Bennett. Right now it is looking normal and healthy...thank God!

Her limbs are all measuring 4-5 weeks behind. I looked back at Bennett's measurements at around 29 weeks and they were all 5-6 weeks behind. They are very similar little babies. She is estimated to be around 2 pounds right now.

Her brain and heart look great. Dr. Hintz can still see that one of her heart valves is a little bit thicker than on the opposite side, but the blood flow is very good through her heart so he is not concerned at this point.

I didn't get any pictures. I know!!! She is so beautiful too, so pretty. It is my fault for not asking for any, he usually gives me plenty, we were all just so focused on looking at her, I forgot to remind him.

I am continuing to grow, I have just felt so much better this pregnancy than with Bennett. On numerous occasions during a meal, Adam will just look at me and say, "It is so nice to see you eating while you are pregnant! Do you realize you didn't eat very much when you were pregnant with Bennett?" I only gained 10 pounds total during Bennett's pregnancy and I know that I am WELL BEYOND that with Alanna. I think I am as big as I was at 9 months with Bennett as I am right now!

I will go back in 2 weeks for another appointment (I can't believe I'm in the 2 week check-up zone!) and then 2 weeks after that I will have another ultrasound (June 30). She will be here before we know it.

3 comments:

Leia H said...

Sweetie, you are twice the size now as you were at full-term with Benne! And that is the greatest compliment I can give you :) I'm so happy the appointment went well! I am getting excited...summer is here and soon she will be too!

Becky Bartlett said...

Hooray!! Praise God for good reports! Love the name!!

Shawna said...

Yay! I knew you were thinking of that name, but didn't know if you had decided for sure. Raya thinks you named the baby after her...I didn't have the heart to tell her probably not, so we will just let her think that :-) Can't wait to meet her and play!! You need to pick something from my store that you'd like for her so I can make you a baby gift! Happy Summer Vacation!