Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Going Back to School

Well, it is official, I am now a student again. It has been a very difficult and overwhelming decision to make, but I am going back to school to get my endorsement in school counseling. Since I already have my master's in social work all that is required is that I take 7 courses and then do a practicum experience to receive my endorsement. I shouldn't say, "ALL that is required," because I feel like it is going to be a major undertaking having two kids, a husband, and a home since getting my MSW.

I decided to go back to school not because I don't like my job, I just want to be more of a part of the interventions that I am always suggesting to staff in the schools I serve as a school social worker. I want to be able to get to know kids a little better and work more with them. I am hoping that I will get to work with middle or high school students at some point. It will take me two years to get through these courses.

Anyway, I just thought I would share something about my life for once...plus it is a good excuse for the lack of posts lately (and probably in the future!:).

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Yay...I'm super excited for you...hope classes go well!!

...plus, if I can't have you at Starmont than no one at Keystone should have you either! :-)

Chris, Jen and Owen said...

We are very excited for you! We are only a phone call away if the kids need a playdate/study break for Mom. We love you and are so happy you made the decision to go back to school! -C,J,O,& B

Annette said...

I'm very excited for you! I'm expecting to learn some tips about juggling everything and going to school - that is my ultimate plan in a year...but we'll see :) Good Luck!!